Thursday, February 23, 2012

Finally... some color!


As a color exercise we were given a macro shot of some tissue and instructed to paint the photo in photoshop without using the eye dropper tool.
close up of the mesentery in the intestines.

Of course my first instinct was to try and use the eyedropper tool, BUT I WAS GOOD AND I DIDNT USE IT! I don't normally work like this in photoshop so it was pretty challenging at first. However, after the first few hours, I found the process oddly cathartic. Since I spent so much time painting this, I think I will print it at a ridiculously large size and hang in my room. But then it will probably magnify my mistakes and I may sit and obsess over all my little mistakes. Anyway.. happy lukewarm winter everyone. More updates to come.

2 comments:

  1. Firstly, I love the name of your blog. It's amazing.

    And secondly, this painting is incredible!!~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowowowowow.....all I can say. Incrediblous! I have never been so fascinated by glistening intestines...but they glisten so wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete